[Gluster-users] Striped replicated volumes in Gluster 3.3.0

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 05:39:39 UTC 2012

> I tried it to host Virtual Machines images and it didn't work at all. Was hoping to be able to spread the IOPS more through the cluster.
>   That's part of what I was trying to say on the email I sent earlier today.

I saw that mail and I agree that the target of 3.3.0 was to make
glusterfs more stable and get the features which would make Virtual
machine hosting on GlusterFS a possibility by 3.4.0 time-frame.

In this release the target was to get it functionally more complete by
adding more features to CLI, make scaling of volumes a possibility, and
bring in the basic design changes which would make future compatibility
a possibility.

Saying that, *not working at all* is not a good thing, and we want to
fix it. Please help us by filing a bug report and adding log file
information in there.

Thanks,
Amar