[Gluster-users] Recovering a broken distributed volume

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Jul 11 21:18:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:32:42PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > underlying brick filesystem went read-only.  Unbelievably that's 7 seagate
> > drives failed out of an array of 12!
>
> Same drives bought and installed at the same time?

Yes, but a second server beside it with 12 disks from the same batch hasn't
had a problem (and the disks were inserted in arbitrary order).

I am suspecting a PSU problem on the first server. After a couple of reboots
the number of visible drives went down to 4, then to 0, then back up to 4.
However I am remote from that machine right now.  I'll get a voltmeter on it
when I'm next there.

Regards,

Brian.