[Gluster-users] Gluster v 3.3 with KVM and High Availability

Barlow, Jim D jim.d.barlow at intel.com
Wed Jul 11 17:56:00 UTC 2012

Andrew:

I'm using the FUSE client and running qemu-KVM on the bricks.   A replicated Gluster gives me "live" migration.  I tick the pause the VM  box, the migration actually converges faster that way.  To Jeff's comment,  I'm using 3.3 and find the performance good, though I have done no serious performance testing, and my VMs are non-demanding.    I didn't try VMs on 3.2.6.   Use virtio storage and writeback cache settings.     I know that this isn't the defined sweet spot for Gluster, but it is really a nice scalable setup for a lab.

As far as fencing  goes, I have done nothing.     I'm manually as carefully as I can manage  using virt-manager.    I've already accidentally started the same VM on two bricks.  Watch your autostart settings on the VMs :-)

I'm waiting for oVirt 3.1 later this month to manage the cluster so I don't do this again  :-)

Jim

 _