[Gluster-users] Need to replace a brick on a failed firstGluster node

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Jan 23 02:25:25 UTC 2012

Thank you.

> It's far more simple: if you retain the same hostname/ip address on
> the new machine, you need to make sure the new glusterd has the same
> UUID of the old dead one (there is a file in /etc/glusterd),
> configurations are automatically synced back at the first contact
> with the other active nodes.

This led me in the right direction.  I found more details at the link below.

http://gluster.org/community/documentation//index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Brick_Restoration_-_Replace_Crashed_Server

- Greg