[Gluster-users] Issue running GlusterFS on CentOS 6

D. Dante Lorenso dante at lorenso.com
Fri Jan 13 21:02:01 UTC 2012

On 1/13/12 8:04 AM, Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei wrote:
> Hi,
> After installing GlusterFS 3.2.5 using yum on 32bit machine I came
> across an issue I don't quite understand.
>
> 1. Executing the command # glustered -start , does nothing it appears
> that you can just start GlusterFS with command # glusterd
> 2. glistered expected a file /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol , this is not
> documented in administration guide
> I created a vol file as expected bu glusterFS, but when I start it up
> in debug mode

I haven't needed to touch any VOL files with my fresh 3.2.5 install on
CentOS 6.2.

I just followed the instructions from the Admin Guide here:
http://download.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.2/Documentation/AG/html/index.html

Took 5 minutes to set up my 4 peers, and create 3 different test
volumes.  Everything used the command line "gluster" CLI:

   > gluster peer ...
   > gluster volume ...

The service was started using the CentOS init.d script:

   > service glusterd restart

And I found all the RPMS for CentOS 6.2 already compiled for me:

   http://download.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/CentOS/6/

It really couldn't have been much easier :-)  I'm going to be running my
"try to break it" tests over the next few days.  Really looking forward
to using GlusterFS in production.

-- Dante

D. Dante Lorenso
dante at lorenso.com