[Gluster-users] default reconnect timeout?

Jeff White jaw171 at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 10 14:11:57 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 03:25 AM, Carl Boberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have started evaluating GlusterFS for our application to share data
> and everything seems very satisfactory so far :)
> I only have a few questions that are about the timeout that happens
> when one of the servers goes down.
>
> We have a simple 2 server setup with 2 replicated volumes.
You should post what version you are using and the output of 'gluster
volume info'.
> About 10 clients connecting to both of the volumes and filesizes range
> around a few bytes to about a coupple of megs. Its a lot of files and
> folders...
Define 'a lot'.  I'm soon going to migrate 83 million files to Gluster
and that's not 'a lot' compared to some others.
> When one of the servers goes down all clients seems to hang for about
> 40-50 seconds before being able to access files and folders again.
> Write operations continues during this but i guess it is being done in
> memory until the file is accessible again..
> What controles this timeout? Is it possible to adjust it? Is it
> advisable to adjust it, if you can?
This might be what you are looking for but I don't know if it's
advisable to change it.

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Setting_Volume_Options#network.ping-timeout

http://goo.gl/35zUq