[Gluster-users] Can't stop or delete volume

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Thu Jan 5 16:27:27 UTC 2012

Thanks for the pointer.

Step 1 fails to return a UUID. If I 'gluster peer status' on the working server, I get:

Number of Peers: 1

Hostname: quad
Uuid: 03eaca98-ac4f-4b61-9b30-7e1b40b01d9b
State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)

I then go to step 2 with the shown UUID.

I start glusterd on the failed server and peer probe the working server:

root at quad:~# /etc/init.d/glusterd start
* Starting glusterd service glusterd [ OK ]
root at quad:~# gluster peer probe thinkpad
thinkpad is already part of another cluster
root at quad:~# gluster peer status
No peers present
root at quad:~#

Stuck again.