[Gluster-users] Re: iscsi with gluster i want to make it

Patrick Irvine pirv at cybersites.ca
Sat Feb 18 06:19:04 UTC 2012

Hi Viraj,

Gluster Ver. 3.x supports replication over WAN but currently very
limited.  I assume it will expand as time moves on.

As for ISCSI.  I doubt Glusterfs will ever support ISCSI.  ISCSI
operates at the block level.  Gluster only works on the filesystem
level.  The only way to have iscsi on Gluster would be to export an
iscsi target that is a file on gluster.

As for snapshot and deduplication in CIFS, I really don't know,  I'll
pass that on to the other Gluster-users :)

Hope this helped,

Pat