[Gluster-users] >1PB

Jeff White jaw171 at pitt.edu
Fri Feb 17 18:04:49 UTC 2012

I agree with Lauro:

Redundancy != Backup

Except in special cases such as an HPC cluster where result data can be
huge and difficult to backup but the data can be recomputed without much
fuss if it is lost, you need backups.  Even in the case you decide you
don't need them then everyone who uses/owns/creates the data much be
made aware of the risk.  Some HPC centers tell their users outright that
they don't back up and their users are on their own.

Jeff White - Linux/Unix Systems Engineer
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD