[Gluster-users] non x86_64 architectures

Tengvall, Ilkka (NSN - FI Espoo) ilkka.tengvall at nsn.com
Thu Feb 16 06:50:56 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-15 23:52, ext Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2012 14:01:47 Tengvall, Ilkka wrote:
>> Does the community have experience or know someone that is running
>> GlusterFS on non x86_64 environment, what is to be expected?
> I think one of the reasons the official support doesn't cover non-x86_64 is that
> some of the file-ids are 64bit or something like that...

Thanks for the encouragement! The above sounds a bit scary though. File
Id being 64 bit would be ok I suppose (minor performance issue perhaps)
if the variable type is defined to be 64 bit, unless it is something
like unsigned int type which would of course break it. Does someone know
more about the issue?

Or would it somehow break some algorithm calculations while finding the
files?

Any more experience of the issue?