[Gluster-users] Reducing a volume

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Mon Feb 13 16:48:52 UTC 2012

Is this documented anywhere?  I'm in a position where this would be
very useful.  I've posted a few queries about this as well and if the
function exists, it's an anonymous one.

Last year, Amar responded that:
"If you are in testing/validating phase, 3.3.0qa15 should have this
feature for you."

But there's no docs to point to how to do it. If the development docs
could be made available as a wiki or something similar, we stunt-
testers could provide feedback, examples of gotchas and edge cases,
and what works as expected that might have value.

Best wishes,
Harry

On Monday 13 February 2012 00:42:10 Brian Candler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:37:20AM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > the third issue I encountered today: How do I tell gluster to
> > remove two bricks of my six-brick-two-replica volume without
> > loosing data?
>
> From what I've read (but I've not tried it yet), this will be a
> feature in 3.3
>
> http://community.gluster.org/q/what-s-new-in-glusterfs-3-3/
>
> "Remove-brick can migrate data to remaining bricks"

Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487
415 South Circle View Dr, Irvine, CA, 92697 [shipping]
MSTB Lat/Long: (33.642025,-117.844414) (paste into Google Maps)
--
Advertising the device from which your email was sent may reflect
poorly on your imagination, self-image, and/or technical ability.