[Gluster-users] CIFS options - anyone done A-B comparisons on various setups?

Gunnar gluster at akitogo.com
Wed Dec 5 14:42:21 UTC 2012

Whit,

> I wonder in the Samba > Gluster client > Gluster server scenario
> whether the
> slowness is the Gluster client transacting with both servers rather than
> just the local one.

I tested a reboot inbeween, so just one server stayed online and I
didn't see much changes in
the throughput. I tried to play around with the translators and I
could't get any significant increase
or decrease.

Samba on a local volume is much faster (I messed one test up and was so
happy about the transfer rates
and realized afterwards that samba used a local disc).

Gunnar