[Gluster-users] Manually move data between bricks

Alexandros Soumplis soumplis at ekt.gr
Mon Dec 3 17:32:12 UTC 2012

A follow up:

I've gone some steps further by manually moving some data (4GB out of a
1,4TB brick) and then issuing a rebalance again seems to do the rest of
the job (already working 2 hours, moving data out of the full bricks to
the others). So two new questions arise:

1. Is this procedure considered to be safe ? ( stop volume -> stop
glusterd -> mv data between bricks -> start glusterd -> start volume)
2. Could the problem occur due to the fact that there was insufficient
space for the .glusterfs directory to write data ?

a.