[Gluster-users] Manually move data between bricks

Alexandros Soumplis soumplis at ekt.gr
Sat Dec 1 09:54:10 UTC 2012

I have a distributed gluster volume on 2 nodes. This volume had 1 brick
on each node and by time it became full. I have added 3 extra bricks and
issued a rebalance on the volume, yet one of the original bricks is
still 100% full and this causes the dht-translator to throw disk full
errors on clients when it attempts to write on this brick as it seems it
does not take into account the fact that this brick is full.

The question is whether it is possible to manually move data from the
full brick to other bricks with plenty of available space and if
possible, how can I do it (I suppose it is not just a volume stop and
data mv)