[Gluster-users] "gluster peer status" messed up

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon Dec 3 15:38:13 UTC 2012

Thanks for figuring that out. It's come up a few times in #gluster too.

On 12/03/2012 06:52 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
> I have to say that in my opinion, the two worst aspects of glusterfs by far
> are:
> - lack of error reporting, other than grubbing through log files on both
>    client and server
Yes. The CLI should either be much more specific and verbose about why
something fails. The filesystem, though, can't really do anything better
than log files since it has no interface to report an error any other way.
> - lack of documentation (especially recovery procedures for things like
>    failed bricks, replacing bricks, volume info out of sync, split-brain
>    data out of sync)
The wiki would be a good place to add anything that's missing from the
docbook, and the docbook is part of the git tree so either would be good
to add your findings to.