[Gluster-users] Ownership changed to root

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Sat Aug 25 01:45:35 UTC 2012

I figured out how to work around this but I'm not sure of the exact reason
why it happened.

The Gluster bricks I was using were LVM LV partitions that sat on top of a
software RAID1. I broke the software RAID and dedicated one hard drive to
LVM in order for OpenStack to use it for nova-volumes. I then used the
other drive strictly for the gluster brick.

This removed mdadm and LVM out of the equation and the problem went away. I
then tried with just LVM and still did not see this problem.

Unfortunately I don't have enough hardware at the moment to create another
RAID1 mirror, so I can't single that out. I will try when I get a chance --
unless anyone else knows if it would cause a problem? Or maybe it is the
mdamd+LVM combination?

Thanks,
Joe