[Gluster-users] Query for web GUI for gluster configuration

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Fri Aug 24 09:15:24 UTC 2012

Joe,
9 of 10 people I have seen here reported very poor performance when running VMs. Obviously they run, but al the performance tests gave results that no one would expect to get. So yes it works for low profile virtual server, like quite web servers, etc, but not in general. Any peak you need it can't accomplish and it does need improvements on Gluster code.
You can't add it to oVirt and tell people, "Look, it's there but it's only for lwo profile servers that don't require any significant performance". People don't wouldn't even consider that.
Also you seem to eb mounting Gluster inside the VM which is not the case here. On oVirt that would be for hosting the VM's images.

Regards,

Fernando