[Gluster-users] files on gluster brick that have '---------T' designation.

s19n mailbox at s19n.net
Tue Aug 21 12:27:59 UTC 2012

* Shishir Gowda <sgowda at redhat.com> [2012 08 20, 22:09]:
> These are valid files in glusterfs-dht xlator configured volumes.
> These are known as link files, which dht uses to maintain files on
> the hashed subvol, when the actual data resides in non hashed
> subvolumes(rename can lead to these).

Hello,

 since I also have noticed those files, could you please clarify (or
point me to the proper documentation) what 'hashed subvolumes' and
'non hashed subvolumes' are?

> The cleanup of these files will be taken care of by running
> rebalance.

 When you say rebalance you mean a fix-layout or a full rebalance with
data migration? Should I plan to issue a rebalance request periodically
to get rid of those files?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention,
Best regards