[Gluster-users] Gluster-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 43

Amar Tumballi amarts at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:14:50 UTC 2012

> You are having the exact same problem I am.  So far, no response from anyone at Gluster/RedHat as to what is happening or if this is a known issue.

Hi Gerald/Anthony,

This issue is not easy to handle with 3.2.x version of gluster's NFS
server. This issue is being addressed with 3.3.x branch (ie current
master branch). Please try 3.3.0beta3+ or qa36+ for testing the behavior.

This happens because NFS process works on FH (file handles), and for
that we needed to keep a fd-ref till NFS client has reference to filehandle.

With 3.3.0, we changed some of the internal way how we handle NFS FHs,
so this problem should not happen in 3.3.0 release.

Regards,
Amar