[Gluster-users] Performance gluster 3.2.5 + QLogic Infiniband

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Apr 11 18:43:40 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 10 April 2012 15:47:08 Bryan Whitehead wrote:
> with my infiniband setup I found my performance was much better by
> setting up a TCP network over infiniband and then using pure tcp as
> the transport with my gluster volume. For the life of me I couldn't
> get rdma to beat tcp.

Thanks for that data point, Brian.

Very interesting.  Is this a common experience?  The RDMA experience
has not been a very smooth one for me and doing everything with IPoIB
would save a lot of headaches, especially if it's also higher
performance.

hjm
--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487