[Gluster-users] Performance gluster 3.2.5 + QLogic Infiniband

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Tue Apr 10 22:47:08 UTC 2012

dd if=/dev/zero of=/glustermount/deleteme.file bs=1M count=20000
conv=fsync oflag=sync
(above will make a nearly 20G file)

I'd try a blocksize of 1M. That should help a lot.

with my infiniband setup I found my performance was much better by
setting up a TCP network over infiniband and then using pure tcp as
the transport with my gluster volume. For the life of me I couldn't
get rdma to beat tcp.

Also, I found increasing the max io threads to 64 helped. (run 2-10
dd's at a time and you'll see the benefit).