[Gluster-users] File deletion gets corrupted on cluster-resize.

Kazuyoshi Tlacaelel kazu.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:19:32 UTC 2011

Two master-servers, one client.

Client mount point is: /gluster
replica is: 2

A testing-directory (git repo) with data exists, and is used for testing the following.

STEP 1
First, we copy the testing-directory to /gluster/original
Then, we copy the testing-directory to /gluster/delete
STEP 2
Copy /gluster/original to /gluster/internal_copy
Copy testing-directory to /gluster/external_copy
Delete /gluster/delete
cp -r rails /gluster/external_copy & cp -r /gluster/original /gluster/internal_copy & rm -rf /gluster/delete

While executing the command above, only the delete part returns an error:

rm: FATAL: directory `/gluster/delete/activerecord/test/migrations' changed dev/ino

Note: that this corruption only happens while the a new-brick is added to the system.
and that that is executed at the same time as STEP 2.
Which purpose is to replicate a live production environment.

RESULT

I've confirmed that the files within the following directories are consistent:
/gluster/original
/gluster/external_copy
/gluster/internal_copy
But delete doesn't get deleted, its actually just "partially-deleted".
then, when everything is done, and a delete is performed manually the directory gets deleted just fine.

SYSTEM

fuse init (API version 7.13) Haven't done any gluster-recommended fuse-compilation
glusterfs 3.2.3 built on Aug 23 2011 18:54:07 Error is replicable in this version.
glusterfs 3.1.2 built on Jan 18 2011 11:19:54 Error is replicable in this version.
Ubuntu 10.4 64bit All tests were performed in this machines.