[Gluster-users] Adding bricks to enable distribute-replicate

Brian Smith brs at usf.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:50:38 UTC 2011

Hi, all,

I've searched through the archives and saw that this has come up before,
but it was not clear what the best way was to accomplish this.  I'm
currently on 3.2.3 and would like to convert a two-brick distribute
volume to a four-brick disribute-replicate volume.  Would editing the
vol file directly by encapsulating the bricks I want to replicate in the
replicate translator, then encapsulating that in the distribute
translator be the way to go, then ls -RA to trigger a self-heal ?  Is
there a way to do this from the gluster console command?

Thanks,
-Brian

Brian Smith
Senior Systems Administrator
IT Research Computing, University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. ENB308
Office Phone: +1 813 974-1467
Organization URL: http://rc.usf.edu