[Gluster-users] unable to remove brick / stop volume in glusterfs 3.2

Neetu Ojha neetuojha.cdac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:14:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

  I have installed glusterfs 3.2 on two nodes.Volumes are created for rdma.
I tested the glusterfs with volume of replica type. But now wanted to test
for stripe mode and so now i am trying to reconfigure the volume.

I unmounted all clients then restarted the glusterd on all the nodes. After
that tried to stop the volume and also tried to remove the brick.That
resulted in error mesage: invalid operation.

One experience I would also like to share is that on the node on which the
brick's relevant file system was present resulted in the message
Incorrect brick 10.20.1.82:/pvfs2store/glusterfs-disk2 for volume
test-volume-infi

Kindly suggest how to reconfigure the volume foer other type. Presently
gluster volume on my nodes are configured as replica type for >RDMA. I want
to reconfigure the volume for stripe mode.

 Thanks In advance

Regards
Neetu Sharma
India