[Gluster-users] Need help with optimizing GlusterFS for Apache

Robert Krig robert at bitcaster.de
Mon Oct 17 15:16:01 UTC 2011

Our webserver is configured as such:

The actual website files, php, html ,css and so on. Or on a dedicated
non-glusterfs ext4 partition.
However, the website access Videos and especially image files on a
gluster mounted directory.

The write performance for our backend gluster storage is not that
important. Since it only comes into play when someone uploads a video or
image.
However, the files are being read from constantly and randomly.
Especially all the small image files which get read everytime someone
loads our website.

It is quite a busy site, with somewhere along the line of 500 apache
accesses per second during our busy hours.

I've been taking a look at performance.cache-size and translators. But
I'm not quite sure what the ideal settings would be.

Can anyone help me out with some settings to try out, based on
experience they've had?

Thanks.