[Gluster-users] NFS auth-allow host list truncated

Jesus jesuscal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:54:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using Gluster 3.2.3-1. I have exported a volume with NFS and restricted
access to it with the "nfs.rpc-auth-allow" option.

When I specify a single host, restriction works - only the host specified in
nfs.rpc-auth-allow can mount the volume.

But when I specify a list of hosts, something funny happens. The command I
use is...

gluster volume set test-volume nfs.rpc-auth-allow A,B,C

Before any client mounts the volume, both gluster volume info and showmount
report the list of allowed hosts (A,B,C).

When client A mounts the volume, the access list is truncated to A in
showmount. From that point on, only A can mount the volume. Although volume
info still reports the full list (A,B,C).

Thanks and kind regards,

--
Jesús