[Gluster-users] Problem with gluster 3.1

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Tue May 24 06:40:16 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

This means, the 'trusted.gfid' xattr (which is very much required by the
glusterfs to work fine and is sort of inode number of a file in regular fs)
is missing for that particular folder. One way to fix it is by below steps

on other nodes where you don't have any logs:

sh# getfattr -d -m trusted.gfid <some folder>
<output>

on the node which has issue of logs:

sh# setfattr -n trusted.gfid -v <value got in other node> <some folder>

This should solve the issue.

This state is mostly reached by not having this one machine ready before
having a client machine mounting the volume and accessing these folders.

Regards,
Amar