[Gluster-users] Scaling Gluster

Anthony J. Biacco abiacco at formatdynamics.com
Mon May 23 15:55:39 UTC 2011

I think i read somewhere the server in the mount string is only used to retrieve the cluster config. So as long as that server is up at time of mount, you're fine.
If the server goes down after mount, it doesnt matter as the cluster config on the mounting servers knows about all gluster servers.
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.
Personally, i copy the cluster config to all my mounting servers and use that file in the mount command instead of a gluster server hostname.

-Tony