[Gluster-users] newbie questions + rpc_client_ping_timer_expired error

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Mon May 23 13:52:49 UTC 2011

Looking at the first mail in the thread, after 'creating' the volume, you
are trying to mount it.. please run 'gluster volume start kvm' before
running mount. If you have already done it, check if actually the brick
process (glusterfsd) is still running by 'ps ax | grep glusterfsd' on
server. If not, please go through the brick log file for more information.

I suspect that the brick here can be a read-only backend which would have
killed glusterfsd process even when you do 'gluster volume start'.

Regards,
Amar