[Gluster-users] gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri May 20 12:35:35 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 05:15 AM, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> Sorry, this clearly shows the problem: understanding. It really does
> not help you a lot to hire a big number of people, you do not fail in
> terms of business relation. Your problem is the _code_. You need a
> filesystem expert. A _real_ one, not _some_ one. Like lets say
> Daniel Phillips, Theodore "Ted" Ts'o or the like.

I know both Daniel and Ted professionally. As a member of the largest
Linux filesystem group in the world, I am also privileged to work with
many other world-class filesystem experts. I also know the Gluster folks
quite well, and I can assure you that they have all the filesystem
expertise they need. They also have a *second* kind of expertise -
distributed systems - which is even more critical to this work and which
the vast majority of filesystem developers lack.  What Gluster needs is
not more filesystem experts but more *other kinds* of experts as well as
non-experts and resources.  The actions AB has mentioned are IMO exactly
those Gluster should be taking, and should be appreciated as such by any
knowledgeable observer.

Your flames are not only counter-productive but factually incorrect as
well. Please, if only for the sake of your own reputation, try to do
better.