[Gluster-users] Multiple glusterfsd instances on 1 server

Thomas Wakefield twake at cola.iges.org
Tue May 10 17:06:43 UTC 2011

Is it possible to have multiple deamons running on the same server?  I have 2 infiniband ports, and want to dedicate 1 glusterfs instance to each port.  I am maxing out the CPU on a single glusterfsd, pushing about 1.1GB/s over infiniband to my server.  But i know the disks are capable of doing about 2GB/s, so i think adding another glusterfsd instance will help.

Are there any instructions or pointers for how to do this.  I figure bind each to different ports, which i did, but when i start up the 2nd deamon, it shuts the first one down.

Thanks,

Thomas