[Gluster-users] Best practice to stop the Gluster CLIENT process?

Martin Schenker martin.schenker at profitbricks.com
Fri May 6 16:15:14 UTC 2011

Hi all!

What's the best way to stop the CLIENT process for Gluster?

We have dual systems, where the Gluster servers also act as clients, so
both, glusterd and glusterfsd are running on the system.

Stopping the server app. works via "/etc/init.d/glusterd stop" but the
client is stopped how?

I need to unmount the filesystem from the server in order to do a fsck on
the ext4 volume; we have the "needs_recovery" flag set. But the client is
hogging it as well due to the log files being located on the volume (might
be a good idea to log somewhere else...)

Any pointers welcome, I find it difficult to obtain "simple" instructions
like this from the Gluster pages.

Even google doesn't help, sigh. Or I'm too blind...

Best, Martin