[Gluster-users] [SPAM?] Non-uniform backend brick sizes

Dan Bretherton d.a.bretherton at reading.ac.uk
Wed May 4 12:43:34 UTC 2011

Hi James, thanks for your suggestions.   I have used the rebalance
command several times after adding new bricks, and I am pretty sure that
it equalizes the amount of data stored on each brick rather than the
amount of free space.  It would be useful to have an option to equalize
free space instead - that would certainly solve the problem of
non-uniform brick sizes.

There used to be a server vol file option "min-free-disk", to leave
space on bricks for files to grow.  That would solve my problem as
well.  Do you know if this is available in 3.1.x or 3.2, or if there is
a CLI command for setting it?

-Dan.