[Gluster-users] small write speed problem on EBS, distributed replica

Mohit Anchlia mohitanchlia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:16:28 UTC 2011

It will be good for dev team to look at it in parallel. It will help others too.

First thing that I see is that your network bandwidth sucks. Is it
1GigE? When you run tools like iperf you atleast expect to see close
to 800MB/s. for eg: in my env if I run iperf I get something like:

TCP window size: 16.0 KByte (default)
[  6] local 10.1.101.193 port 49503 connected with 10.1.101.149 port 5001
[  4]  0.0-10.0 sec    975 MBytes    815 Mbits/sec
[  5] local 10.1.101.193 port 5001 connected with 10.1.101.149 port 41642

Can you also try another dd test directly on the gluster server where
volume is and post the results?

Regarding other perf related questions I haven't myself tries those
yet so I think you will need to change one at a time and expirement
with it. But if there is a inherent perf problem with the server and
underlying storage then those may not be that helpful.