[Gluster-users] df: `/mnt/ext': Transport endpoint is not connected

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Mon Mar 7 13:35:10 UTC 2011

Hi Mohit.

The gluster native client handles failover transparently if one of the server storage machines fails / crashes.

What you have done is stopped the volume from being accessible - which can be done from any server participating in that volume.

If you want to test failover, do a 'service network stop' on the server which you wish to fail, and then check from your gluster native client.

Don't do a gluster volume stop <volname>. That will make the volume inaccessible to all clients.

Thanks,

James Burnash, Unix Engineering