[Gluster-users] Self heal doesn't seem to work when file is updated

Mohit Anchlia mohitanchlia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 01:52:29 UTC 2011

I have 2 servers. I crash one server1 and then write data on the mount
say /mnt/ext/a.txt. Now I bring up server 1 and then do ls -alR
/mnt/ext or even cat /mnt/ext. Even after running those commands I see
that the contents of file on server1 are still old. It doesn't change
until I do an update on /mnt/ext/a.txt, at that point it changes
(which we know why).

Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong? Why is self
healing not working?