[Gluster-users] Please allow me to introduce myself...

John Mark Walker jwalker at gluster.com
Thu Jun 2 00:32:16 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I just wanted to take a moment and say hello. I am Gluster's new community guy, and I wrote up an introduction on the blog:

http://blog.gluster.com/2011/06/please-allow-me-to-introduce-myself/

One of the things I tried to make clear in that post is that I want to know what we should be doing more of, less of, or just differently. You'll see me out and about on the internets, as well as at conferences and other events. Should you feel the urge to create a user group, start a discussion on this list, or create your own space somewhere on gluster.org - please let me know. I want everyone to feel like they have all the tools they need to do what they want to do. That's my job. Some of you may have already met me on IRC or elsewhere, and I hope to hear from a lot more of you soon.

There are a lot of things on the table for the Gluster community, whether it's a newer and (hopefully) better web site, or a different way of tending to an open source community project, or even bringing back the ant. There's a lot going on, and it's going to be a lot of fun - here's to a GlusterFS world.

Thanks,
John Mark Walker