[Gluster-users] View from one client's gone subbornly bad

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Fri Jul 22 13:45:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:26:13AM +0530, Anand Avati wrote:
> Can you post gluster client logs and check if there are any core dumps?

Okay, they are at http://transpect.com/gluster/ - may be a bit confused
because of system reboots and gluster being shut down and restarted as I was
working on it, but there you are.

No core dumps.

I'm wondering if Gluster might get into trouble sometimes when there's more
than one replicated storage pair between the same two machines. These
machines have three such, but mostly only one was active. Earlier yesterday
I was doing work that more heavily used another of them, and it was in the
midst of that that the more-used one got dodgy.

Last night, Me:
>     And what do I do to wake that disconnected endpoint in the morning?

Strangely, it's now working again for that one. It didn't display the files
at first this morning. I tried a "gluster volume start kvm" which only got a
statement that it was "already running." I did a restart of autofs then, and
the files were available, and have remained so.

Whit