[Gluster-users] View from one client's gone subbornly bad

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Fri Jul 22 03:35:58 UTC 2011

Okay ...

Finally got that one replicated partition back in line. A few of the
recommended

  find /mnt/point -print0 | xargs --null stat

from each side seems to have done some good. Then while I'm away a second
replicated partition on the same two systems ends up with a

  Transport endpoint is disconnected

and even totally shutting down all the Gluster processes on that box and
restarting them does nothing for this - doesn't even create more entries in
the log for it.

The other two replicated Gluster shares between these machines are operating
still - including the one I first had the trouble with today. But this third
one that decided it would be disconnected seems intent to stay that way -
despite that it's the same physical connection betweent the machines - which
is fine - and the same Gluster daemons running on both.

Again, this was all happy for many weeks with 3.1.3. So I'd give pretty good
odds that 3.1.5 has some deep bugs. Should I go back, or do things finally
look better going forward? And what do I do to wake that disconnected
endpoint in the morning?

Thanks,
Whit