[Gluster-users] Want to monitor GlusterFS performance and availability?

John Mark Walker jwalker at gluster.com
Tue Jul 12 19:48:28 UTC 2011

I wanted to call out Marco Agostini, who so kindly wrote up a post on using various tools to monitor GlusterFS performance:

http://community.gluster.org/p/some-tools-to-monitor-performance/

Please review and comment as you see fit. If you find it helpful, let Marco know by clicking the "like" button.

While we're on the subject of Monitoring GlusterFS, Gluster Superstar Craig Carl is hosting a webinar on July 19 all about monitoring:

Gluster for Geeks: Monitoring Gluster 3.2
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM PDT / 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
In this Gluster for Geeks technical webinar, Craig Carl, Senior Systems Engineer, will explain and demonstrate how to monitor your Gluster cluster for availability and performance.

Topics covered will include:
*what services and logs to watch
*how to run baseline performance testing
*how to use Ganglia for ongoing performance monitoring

Craig will demonstrate how to use Ganglia to collate performance data from across a Gluster cluster and present it in a usable format. We will spend a little time discussing why using averages and ignoring standard deviation can result in very misleading results.With time permitting we will demonstrate performance monitoring using Amazon CloudWatch and RightScale's monitoring tools.

This will be a 90 minute webinar with the first hour dedicated to content and the last 30 minutes scheduled for Q&A.

Registration URL: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/542541630