[Gluster-users] Issues with geo-rep

Carl Chenet chaica at ohmytux.com
Thu Jul 7 14:43:46 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 15:25, Kaushik BV wrote:
> Hi Chaica,
>
> This primarily means that the RPC communtication between the master
> gsyncd module and slave gsyncd module is broken, this could happen to
> various reasons. Check if it satisies all the pre-requisites:
>
> - If FUSE is installed in the machine, since Geo-replication module
> mounts the GlusterFS volume using FUSE to sync data.
> - If the Slave is a volume, check if the volume is started.
> - If the Slave is a plain directory, check if the directory has been
> created already with the desired permissions (Not applicable in your case)
> - If Glusterfs 3.2 is not installed in the default location (in Master)
> and has been prefixed to be installed in a custom location, configure
> the *gluster-command*  for it to point to exact location.
> - If Glusterfs 3.2 is not installed in the default location (in slave)
> and has been prefixed to be installed in a custom location, configure
> the *remote-gsyncd-command*  for it to point to exact place where gsyncd
>   is located.
> - locate the slave log and see if it has any anomalies.
> - Passwordless SSH is set up properly between the host and the remote
> machine ( Not applicable in your case)
>
> The documentation fortroubleshooting geo-replication
> <http://gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Troubleshooting_Geo-replication>
> has few more suggestions.

Hi Kaushik,

for my last email before posting I have been checking the items on the
geo-replication troubleshooting webpage but I don't see one of these
ones fitting my problem.

One point though, I don't have a geo-replication log on the slave, only
a log file for the master. Don't know why.

Bye,
Carl Chenet