[Gluster-users] tuning

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Wed Jul 6 22:19:52 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-07 00:07, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 11:58 PM, Papp Tamas wrote:
>
>> The performance is far away that was before. I tried to modify
>>
>> performance.write-behind-window-size 4MB
>> gluster volume set w-vol performance.cache-size 128MB
>> gluster volume set w-vol nfs.disable on
>
> I *think* one needs to unmount/mount the gluster share after setting
> any of such commands in order for them to be effective.
> At least this was the case for me with 3.1.5.
>
> Someone wiser might confirm it though.

I'm sorry for my poor english.
I don't understand. What does need what? Do you mean, I need to remount
the fs?

This is standing in
http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Tuning_Volume_Options:

"You can set volume options, as needed, while the cluster is online and
available. "

But I also tried to do it with no effect.

Thank you,

tamas