[Gluster-users] Frequent "stale nfs file handle" error

Fabricio Cannini fcannini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:13:48 UTC 2011

Em Quarta-feira 12 Janeiro 2011, às 09:05:00, Łukasz Jagiełło escreveu:
> W dniu 12 stycznia 2011 11:19 użytkownik Amar Tumballi
>
> <amar at gluster.com> napisał:
> >> Got same problem at 3.1.1 - 3.1.2qa4
> >
> > Can you paste the logs ?? Also, when you say problem, what is the user
> > application errors seen?
>
> No errors/notice logs at gluster, just client side where nfs is
> mounted. When I try list directory got "stale nfs file handle".
> 'mount /dir -o remount' helps but thats not solution.

One thing that i noticed reading again the documentation about AFR, is that
the first node of my cluster was the 'lock server' for all nodes. At the high
loads that are common there, it surely is possible that a single machine could
not manage the locks in a timely manner, right ?
If so, how can i set a specific node as the 'lock server' of a given subvolume
?

http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator

Haven't found it in the docs, only to increase the number of 'lock servers' in
a subvolume:

http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator#Locking_options

TIA.