[Gluster-users] strange problem

Koleszár Ádám adam.koleszar at virtual-call-center.eu
Wed Jan 12 09:25:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I am using glusterfs 3.0.5 on 3 machines with
CentOS 5.4. If I am using the mounted glusterfs intensively it is using
more and more cache. I think it is normal. But as more and more cache
used, it's getting slower and slower.
The glusterfsd process uses 500-700% CPU (normal 1-10%, btw it's a 8
core machine). On the mounted glusterfs a simple directory change takes
about half minute, and every operation very very slow on the mounted
glusterfs.

If i execute the following command:
sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Almost the entire system memory freed, and glusterfsd CPU usage fall
back 1-10%, and everything working fine.. for a while

Now, i have to put this command into cron for every night.

Has someone encountered the same problem?
Is there any other solution?

Regards,
Adam Koleszar