[Gluster-users] ZFS setup question

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Fri Jan 7 00:25:19 UTC 2011

Ok,
Well I setup my zfs filesystems like this:

zfs create pool1/glusterfs
zfs create pool1/glusterfs/audio
zfs create pool1/glusterfs/video
zfs create pool1/glusterfs/documents

it all went well, I restarted gluster...could read the files
fine...however...I see these errors when trying to write (touch a file):

[2011-01-06 19:11:23] W [posix.c:331:posix_fstat_with_gen] posix1:
Access to fd 13 (on dev 47775760) is crossing device (47775759)
[2011-01-06 19:11:23] E [posix.c:2267:posix_create] posix1: fstat on 13
failed: Cross-device link
[2011-01-06 19:15:58] W [posix.c:331:posix_fstat_with_gen] posix1:
Access to fd 13 (on dev 47775761) is crossing device (47775759)
[2011-01-06 19:15:58] E [posix.c:2267:posix_create] posix1: fstat on 13
failed: Cross-device link

which makes me think I cannot put everything under pool1/glusterfs like
that.

So I thought I would do something like this:

zfs create pool1/glusterfs01/audio
zfs create pool1/glusterfs02/video
zfs create pool1/glusterfs03/documents

but the problem with that is then I cannot just share out
pool1/glusterfs in the .vol file like I wanted to.

Do I have any choice...other then a longer .vol file...or a single
gluster zfs filesystem named pool1/glusterfs?

At this point the whole cluster is down...so I have to make a choice
shortly.

Thanks in advance,

Shain