[Gluster-users] what happens when adding a pre-populated brick?

Jeff White jaw171 at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 16 15:43:06 UTC 2011

I have been told this is do-able but I haven't tested it much myself.  I
would be interested in hearing about this from anyone who has done it.

 From what I heard on irc you can do the following:

1. Have existing data in server1:/data1
2. Stop all changes to server1:/data1
3. Create a volume: gluster volume create....server1:/data1 server2:/data2
4. Mount the new volume via FUSE
5. Trigger a self-heal: find gluster-mount -noleaf -print0 | xargs
--null stat >/dev/null

I also heard that there could be GFID problem if the data was previously
in another Gluster volume.

Jeff White - Linux/Unix Systems Engineer
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD