[Gluster-users] what happens when adding a pre-populated brick?

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Dec 15 18:48:38 UTC 2011

The use case is that we have a multiTB data partition that we would
like to glusterize.  Could we add that store to a gluster volume and
have it explicitly rebalance across the gluster volume?  Or would the
existing files/layout be ignored?

this would be a big selling point in justifying gluster to owners of
large existing data stores.

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487