[Gluster-users] FW: Scale-Out NAS and Object-Based File Access for Hadoop Deployments

John Mark Walker jwalker at gluster.com
Fri Aug 26 20:01:54 UTC 2011

FYI - if you want to learn more about our Hadoop piece, you'll be interested in this.

By the way, for the Linux users out there, we figured out how to transcode the recorded video into something accessible to everyone. We're still looking for a x-platform webinar toolkit.

Gluster Announces Apache Hadoop Storage Compatibility

>> Join us for a webinar to learn more.

The GlusterFS 3.3 beta 2 release includes compatibility for Apache Hadoop. This latest enhancement to GlusterFS uses the standard file system APIs available in Hadoop to provide
 a new storage option for Hadoop deployments. With this new feature, GlusterFS is the first open source, POSIX-compliant file and object storage solution that works with Hadoop. Compatible with existing MapReduce-based applications and with the ability to co-exist with HDFS, this new functionality opens up data within Hadoop deployments to any file- or object-based application.

Webinar: What's New in Gluster 3.3

Tuesday, August 30 at 11am PT / 2pm ET

Speaker: Dave Garnett, VP Product Management

Register: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/155968278