[Gluster-users] 3.3 Beta with Granular Lock Code

John Mark Walker jwalker at gluster.com
Tue Aug 9 17:52:56 UTC 2011

Greetings,

Community member sysconfig (http://community.gluster.org/u/sysconfig/) was kind enough to take Avati's granular locking code for the 3.3 beta and roll it into RPMs for CentOS 6:

    http://community.gluster.org/p/centos-6-rpms-for-3-3beta-with-granular-locking/

Which was built from Avati's sources here:

    http://shell.gluster.com/~avati/

If you have feedback, please let us know. For some users, it fixed a problem with VM hosting as it relates to self-heal.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT EVEN BETA CODE. IT MIGHT (AND PROBABLY WILL) BREAK. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

You may wish to wait until we migrate the code into trunk, which should be in a couple of days, but I'm passing on this info in the hopes that you will test it.

Thanks,
John Mark Walker
Gluster Community Guy