[Gluster-users] Gluster Configuration

Simon Crowe smncrowe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:47:52 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I am little bit confused with gluster and was wondering if someone can help.

I am looking to configure multple gluster clients which communicate with
gluster servers in a fail over configuration

So for example, I want a file system with bricks provided by server1 and
server2, such that i can have failover between them without recourse to
remounting the file system should server1 or server2 fail. Furthermore, I
would like multiple clients accessing the same file system without recourse
to remounting the file system.

I previously looked at unity/afr but that is now legacy in glusterfs, the
latest document seems to suggest that a glusterfs is now provided by a
central glusterfs which in turn mounts the appropriate bricks.

Help would be appreciated

SImon